Yours truly! Wow! Of course there’s a back story. There’s always a story with me…
I was standing in an agonizingly long line at Wal-Mart this morning. You know, a typical Tuesday morning with only 2 lanes open. For once, I was in no hurry because Tuesday is Ella’s daycare day and I had all the time in the world. But that didn’t stop me from being annoyed at the line and lack of courtesy by the lady in front of me. Is it so hard to put the divider on the belt so that the cashier knows when to stop scanning your crap and to start scanning mine? Anywho, I decided to pull out my phone and check my email. Low and behold I had an email from WordPress with a “notice to moderate comment.” Thehighnotedotnet nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. Thank you so much, Dari! Her blog is very aesthetically pleasing and full of fun ideas for creating things with vintage and found objects. Check her out!
So, to follow the rules, this is what an award winner must do:
- Thank the nominator and link to his/her site.
- Share 7 things about myself.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers, let them know, and then link to their site from mine.
7 Random Facts about Marisa:
- My favorite color is purple and this is the reason for naming our daughter Ella Violet.
- I collect things that are heart shaped. But I don’t keep them in a curio cabinet to collect dust. They’re mostly functional things like jewelry and vases and rocks and such. Very useful.
- I met my husband on Myspace (an oddly true story) and I mistakenly kept calling him Keith until I met him in person.
- My only real, true fear is death. In fact, I never thought I’d make it to 30. Sorry to be so weird, but it’s true.
- I’m what you call an anti-hoarder–I love to throw things away. It really pisses Derek off.
- The beach is my idea of paradise. Any beach will do, but FL is still my favorite coastline.
- I love The People’s Court. Best show ever! I know more about loans vs. gifts and as-is contracts than any person probably should.
- Gentlemen of Sport: 3 college guys, one is an English major, eloquently written stuff
- Domestic Diva, MD: funny confessionals about being a doctor mixed with recipes
- The Craving Chronicles: decadent recipes and beautiful photos
- Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom: the name really says it all
I still owe 6 more… I could just choose them at random, but I really want to be genuine and authentic. I’ll be linking them up soon. Stay tuned.
If you’re reading this, then you must like me in some capacity and I truly thank you for that. I mean it–from the bottom of my heart, thank you. I enjoy this little blog and put a lot of thought and effort into every post I write. I was really worried that no one would like me, and I am so happy (and proud) that you do.