It wasn’t a great week in terms of motivation and getting to the gym, but I still managed a couple of days in. I like to go on Fridays since I normally don’t work, but I worked this Friday. By the time I picked up Ella from daycare, it was too late and I just wanted to relax. Honestly, I don’t really feel that guilty about it. I had a pretty good week in terms of my diet. I even got 2 compliments. My dad and the school nurse noticed that I have lost some weight. Sweet. I am actually looking forward to measuring myself in another week or 2.
Here’s how my week went:
- Saturday: 30 min cardio; legs, abs, biceps [I had a tough day at the gym–see salt reason below]
- Sunday: 90 min hot yoga; house-cleaning; carrying Ella around Wal-Mart (hey, those count for something!)
- Thursday: Noodles & Company for dinner–Indonesian Peanut Saute with grilled chicken (not too terrible)
- Saturday: a handful of Annie’s organic bunny grahams–yep, I ate some of Ella’s bunny snacks
- Once again, I survived hot yoga
- I ate much smaller portions this week, as well as had small and satisfying snacks throughout the day
- My orange-ish Gap pants fit like they did 3 years ago. Yay.
What I learned this week:
- I feel pretty good about myself while I’m at the gym…until I look in the mirror. Why am I so damn hard on myself? But come on, what is with the ugly, unflattering fluorescent lights in every stinking gym?
- Salt is the devil. I think I had too much on Saturday and is what caused me to have such a crappy workout. I was feeling lethargic and bloated, and just all around lame. You know, it got me thinking… maybe the reason why people feel like crap all the time is because of too much salt in their diets. If you consume a ton of it, you probably don’t want to exercise a lot… Hmm–that might be a good reason to cut it out!!
- I have an idea in my head of how I want to look. I don’t intend to stop until I get there, or I become pregnant–whichever comes first. But I’m not actively trying to get prego, so I might actually get fit first!
- The best part about yoga is the end. And not for the obvious reason of being done and over with. While lying on the mat for the last 2 minutes of class, I think. I feel a sense of accomplishment. That’s a good thing. I also think about any improvements from last week or ways to do better next time. Yoga is introspective and I really like that.
How have you all done with your workouts this week? I hope I’m not the only one that was a little slacker-ish!
I have a new knitting project to share with you soon. Additionally, I am working on some cute earrings that will be the focus of an upcoming tutorial. Can’t wait!
I hope you all have a wonderful week.